Tuesday, January 13, 2009

so MUCH snow... so much FUN!

I am not a snow lover, but I have been trying really hard to enjoy the good things about snow... Last week we had TONS of snow, so Tuesday night my friends Kristi and Karlie (yes, they are twins), invited me to go sledding.

We went to our friend Trevor's house in Mapleton where we hitched up a kayak to the back of a Razor. It was so crazy! Kristi, Karlie, Carrie, and I all rode on it together as Trevor drove us down the snow-covered streets. We fell off tons, and I have THE biggest bruise of my life to prove it. Sorry, I can't post pics of the bruise because it covers half of my right butt cheek. OUCH! All in all, I had a really great time and am starting to change my tune about living with snow.


On Saturday, my sister Amber competed in the Special Olympics Winter Games. She did really well in her snow shoeing competition and won 3rd place. She was really excited because she was interviewed by KCSG (a small local TV station). I am so proud of her!

4 comments:

  1. MOVE! I'm bummed I missed all that fun in the snow. My attitude towards it could sure use some changin'. RIDIKALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your deep gluteal contusion! haha and thats awesome about your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cute girl~ i sent you that stuff, but i must have the wrong address because it came back to me... so, send me the right one and i'll get it sent again right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I have been thinking of you a lot lately. I hope things are going well. I have been meaning to call you and then I keep getting interrupted or think I don't have enough time to adequately catch up. Anyway, I miss you and I hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete