Monday, November 16, 2009

Are you for SCUBA???

Last week I went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera with Ryan and some of his friends (Russ, Joe, and Cherese). It was a lot of fun! We went to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. It's the same cruise that Tracy and I went on in July, but this time we went on Norwegian. This was my 6th cruise, but the first one that I did that wasn't on Carnival. I have to say that I prefer Carnival, even though I had a blast on this one. While we were in Cabo, I went scuba diving for my first time. I was kind of nervous because I'm not certified, but the instructor gave me a quick lesson and we headed for the water. Ryan held my hand the whole time and I survived! We saw puffer fish and tons of colorful fish. We swam around a reef and went 50 feet deep. I would love to get certified and do many more dives (unless there are sharks around)!!!


In Mazatlan, we mostly just hung out at the beach by this resort (El Sid). Before we went back to the boat we ate at a restaurant that a local recommended. It was so so good! The best part was that none of us got sick after, ha ha!


In Puerto Vallarta we rode a local bus up to a far away beach. We were some of the only tourists on it, so it was quite an experience. Thankfully we got there safely. We were going to try scuba again, but the visibility in the water was bad. Ryan speaks Spanish and convinced a guy to let us take a kayak out into the bay. It was fun and really beautiful. After the beach, we at dinner at a restaurant that was right on the ocean. Talk about an amazing view! We were there while the sun set. It was beautiful.
Overall I had a great time and it was a great trip. The only part that I would change was the weather the last day/night. The boat was going through huge waves and was moving like crazy. I got kind of sick :( We had a room with an ocean view on the 4th floor. The waves were so big that they were spashing our window! I've never been on a boat with waves that large.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun and I'm glad you made it home safe! Can't wait to here more!
    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 cruises! My goodness!!! I want to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how fun! we're living in miami and the cruise ships dock right outside our window. ive only been on royal caribbean so thanks for the comparison. looks liiek we should try ncl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great trip. I love going to different places and the sea is the best. Glad you had so much fun. Of course the waves and storm I could do without also. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like so much fun!!

    cant wait to catch up at your next hair appiontment... i bet you'll have all sorts of fun stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a traveler! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete