Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top 10 of 2009!

I can't believe that tonight is New Year's Eve already. This year has flown by! I like thinking about the places I've been, the things that I've done, and the people I've met this year. Here is a list of the Top 10 of the year:

Number 10: Dying my hair!
In January I decided to dye my hair dark brown. I loved the way that it looked, but it faded pretty quickly so after a few months I gradually started doing highlights again. Maybe I'll try it again sometime!


Number 9: Decorating Cupcakes!
I've done cakes for just over a year now, but earlier this year a coworker showed me a book called Hello Cupcake that has some cute and easy ways to decorate cupcakes. This has been a lifesaver because it isn't as time consuming as making a cake, and it's pretty fun to do!


Number 8: Scuba Diving!
When I was in Cabo in November I went scuba diving. I'm not certified (yet!) but it was so much fun. Ryan got me a certificate to get scuba certified, so I will start those classes soon!

Number 7: New York for New Years!
I love New York City, and it is so awesome during the winter. I had a lot of fun there!

Number 6: SYTYCD/Hollywood!
I went to So You Think You Can Dance for my second time this summer. I got to shake Sean Kingston's hand this year. We had a great time playing around Hollywood. I can't complain about staying at the Ritz Carlton either!


Number 5: Mexican Riviera Part 1!
Tracy and I went on a cruise in July to the Mexican Riviera. We had a blast! My favorite part was swimming with dolphins in Puerto Vallarta. It was amazing!

Number 4: Mexican Riviera Part 2!
Ryan, Joe, Russ, Cherese, and I went on that same cruise in November. It was great. As mentioned before, scuba diving was my favorite part, but I also loved just hanging out at the beach and soaking up the sun!


Number 3: Puerto Rico!
In April, I went to Puerto Rico with Peng, Josh, Brock, Annie, and Tracy. It was SO SO fun! We chartered a private plane to an island called Culebra (just off of Puerto Rico). It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! I loved the resort that we stayed at in Puerto Rico also (the Gran Malia Resort).


Number 2: Being a Honeybee!
From April until September I worked for the Salt Lake Bees baseball team as a Honeybee. It may not seem like a summer job should be almost topping my list, but this was so fun! I got to go to baseball games all summer (and get paid for it!). The girls that I met were so fun and I still hang out with a few of them. I can't wait to do it next season!


Number 1: Dating Ryan Sorensen!
I met Ryan in June and we started dating in August. He is amazing and I have a great time with him. We're going snow shoeing today. I've never been before!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, How are you? I love your post! I might copy it, but it won't be as exciting as yours. You look great and I really miss you, I need to come and see everybody at Meadow in the next few weeks. Have an awesome New Years, I know you'll be doing something fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post Rachel! I need to do one of these 2. I hope we see you guys tonight!
    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel! How are ya? what a fun year for you! Love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete