School has been out for one month now... The first week that I was out of school I did this craft to celebrate the start of summer. It is bright and fun and I love the way it turned out!
The week after that project, I started sewing a bag for all of my swimming and travels. I used my sewing machine for the first time since I got it in 2002... I love how big it is and the pockets inside. I've already used it tons.
The next week I made coasters to match my living room decor. Angie (my sister in law) told me about some coaster's like this that my cousin's wife made, so I copied the idea! I just got brown tiles from Home Depot and mod podged some scrapbook paper that I had onto the tiles. Then I sprayed them with clear acrylic spray and used a spray adhesive to put felt underneath them. I LOVE them, especially because they ended up being less than 50 cents each!

Six months ago I went to DI and found this beauty. It was $3 and featured a beautiful yarn flower that some lady had made in 1975 (she actually wrote it on the back of the frame)! I recognized it's potential but it took me a while to decide what exactly I wanted to do with it. I thought about making it a mirror, but in the end I decided to make it a magnet board. I finally started this project today. Here is a before pic:
This is how it looked after I took a power sander to it...
Then I painted it black, sprayed it with clear acrylic spray, and got sheet metal cut to fit it (my roommate works for an AC company and brought home a large scrap piece for me).
Then I made magnets to match it and hung it up. Ta Da!

Now I just need to figure out what my next project will be!
wowo rachel!! they all look so good!! and i am super impressed by the bag!! way to go first sewing project!! i have been sewing for 3 years and still dont dare take on a bag!! you rock!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I love them all!! Good job! You'll have to teach me your sewing skills one of these days...I need help. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Rachel! I think I will steal you coaster idea! I love them!
ReplyDeleteI never knew you were so crafty! Time to come visit and craft up my house! I love your magnet board...good eye. I would see that frame and not see the potential. Hope you're having a great summer!
ReplyDelete