Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fast Food? I wish!


This week I've been taking a class at the District Office about teaching Reading Workshop. It goes from 8 am to 1, so needless to say I was pretty hungry when class dismissed yesterday. I decided to stop at Taco Bell before I headed to my classroom to do some work. As I pulled up I could tell that there was a pretty long line at the drive through so I went in instead.
There were only 2 people in line in front of me so I figured that I'd be in and out pretty quickly. Wrong! It took me 10 minutes just to place my order (which for anyone who's never been to Taco Bell with me is the "Cheesy Bean and Rice" burrito, grilled). After I finally ordered my burrito I waited off to the side. The next 30 minutes were the longest of my life. That's right... I had to wait 30 minutes for them to make my burrito!!! I would have gone to Applebee's if I'd known that it'd take that long.
I finally headed to my car, burrito in hand, and went to my classroom. Here's the worst part--When I finally started to eat my burrito I realized that they hadn't even made the right one! It was a rice and meat burrito. All that waiting for nothing...

2 comments:

  1. Now if that ain't mean I don't know what is!!! I really hate it when you end up waiting for "fast" food! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAME! I know how much you love your regular order!

    ReplyDelete