Friday, August 14, 2009

90 Years!!!

I've been trying out some new things with my cake decorating lately... I've been using fondant for some of the decorations! I don't like the way it tastes so I haven't tried covering a whole cake with it yet, but I like using it as an accent.
This cake is for my friend Katie's Grandma. She is turning 90 tomorrow and they are having a big family party for her with around 300 people coming. This is the cake that she'll blow out candles on (they have Costco cakes for everyone else to eat).
Here's another view of the cake. I think it turned out okay!
There are only a few more Bees games left this season. I'm sad! It's been really fun working at the stadium as a Honey Bee this season. There are always interesting people there and fun promotions (like this one with Snuggle). I'm not sure if I'm going to do it next year yet, but I still have a few more months to decide. Now I'm just focusing on school starting... It starts on Thursday the 20th. I'm excited to meet my students but will miss summer, of course!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray, a post!! You are such a cute bee and I LOVE the cake you made!! I'm glad you are still doing cakes, because you are really talented. No trips to Wyoming??? I can't believe you guys start on the 20th...yuck! We start on the 31st and I still think it's way too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe school is starting already! Good luck with the school year and enjoy your last little bit of summer!

    ReplyDelete